Friday, January 13, 2012

Sagarmāthā

Here's my review:
I was captured by the writing, more specifically, the attention to detail and tangents about Sherpas, religion, and personal conjecture....Sandy Pittman was so frustrating, I was going crazy over the South African team, and I was just in awe over Beck...Who wants to be freezing all the time anyway?...Seriously, Beck Weathers - you must have some divine purpose on this Earth...After reading the last sentence from his last radio call I just started to cry...Namba!!!...Jon, you did your best...This book was amazing and hard to put down.

2 comments:

  1. Taylor read this book and loved it too. You two twiners can talk about it the next time we get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes you wanna just buy some sticky stuff off of a kid on the street, roll it up into some leaves, smoke it, and just cry in a hot, sweaty room for a couple of days.... right??? :'( first time i read this was 6th grade. just dont watch the movie where shooter mcgavin from happy gilmore plays the role of krakauer. disappointment of my life.

    ReplyDelete