Monday, January 30, 2012

70% Bittersweet...

...and other Scharffen Berger tendencies.

I attempted to make the Miette Old Fashion cake. It was like a test; I was all nervous and read all the directions three times. Preface: I was making this cake for one of the teachers at my school for her last day. There was use of the Kitchen Aid, mixing, precise measuring, coco powdering the pan, boiling candy and making fluffy icing, etc. After my labors I brought it in the next day for tasting - they all loved it and I now I have street cred at the office as a great baker...I'll gladly take it!

2 comments:

  1. And We were fortunate enough to get to eat the last piece that was brought home, Scrumpdelicious!! Thanks
    Martha Berkeley Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooo good! And I love your hair :)

    ReplyDelete