Monday, November 7, 2011

24 Candles

Today is my birthday. Due to some unexpected mono for my husband we are taking it easy this evening and reminiscing about the past year - what a year it has been. We had many plans for this birthday celebration, but they were all foiled by sickness. However, I was able to indulge: tamales, two expensive magazines from Berkeley Bowl, Semifrieddis Rosemarie bread, wearing my Christmas bell sweater during dinner.  Happy Birthday to me!


...and many thanks to:
Mom: for giving me life.
Parents: for raising me, giving me money for gas, loving me, helping me succeed.
All the Woods: for texting me birthday wishes.
Cheri and Family: for sending me lots of birthday cards and money for pizza.
Family, Friends, Students: for writing on my wall, sometimes having FB is so worth it!
My Boss: for getting me a cake with my name on it.
Jare Bear: for loving me, sending me beautiful flowers, synchronizing air kisses 'cause we can't actually kiss right now.


Sappy, but honest note: I sincerely believe in the magic of birthdays. As long as the ones you love recognize your existence and are grateful to have you around your day will be bliss. Guaranteed.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry to be tardy on my birthday wishes, mackenzie! especially considering how fond of you i am. sounds like it was a wonderfully relaxing day. hoping to see you soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete