Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's Personal

Preface: Somehow this original post got deleted, but, like I wrote before, this post is basically about me taking a personal day - which I've never done before. It was amazing and I got to do whatever my heart desired, like...

20130321-181441.jpg    20130321-181455.jpg


20130321-181531.jpg    20130321-181537.jpg


20130321-181544.jpg    20130321-181548.jpg


20130321-181643.jpg    20130321-181658.jpg


I actually smelled the calla lilies on the way to breakfast, which I ate at 9;30am! On a Wednesday! I BARTed to the City and mosied in shops around Union Square for some jewelry finds. As lunch crept near, I  "got to" take the bus around the City and see my friend Britt. It was wonderful visiting with her and sharing stories and current events. I must give a shout out and say that she is graduating from law school this May and I couldn't be more proud. I lived with her for about a month when she was starting her first semester at USF and it made me so happy that we came full circle. After our lunch and pie/cake break (see Green Chile Kitchen/Chile Pies), I went back downtown and shopped some more. My last stop was Miette, at the Ferry Building, to pick up some macarons for my co-workers - I couldn't be completely self-indulgent and everyone loves a Miette macaron!


Though clouds appeared and rain dispersed, it was a great day to walk around the City and get all the stress from work out of my system. I'm lucky that I got to do/eat/see so many wonderful things in one day. It's so great to get a jolt to the system and have some fun amidst the drudgery of everyday working life. Here's to personal days everywhere - may they be spontaneous and full of joy!


p.s. two discoveries I made Wednesday, A) escalators give me motion sickness when I look at them going up or down (ugh), and B) SF buses have more crazies and smellies than Berkeley, which I never thought possible.

3 comments:

  1. You are the absolute best and I'm so glad you made time for me on this day. SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Green Chile Kitchen! Oh how I miss SF :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing.

    and crazies and smellies???


    totes stealing that.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete