Sunday, March 17, 2013

Crack'd Up

March in Yosemite:


20130318-175542.jpg   20130318-175556.jpg


   20130318-175603.jpg   20130318-175608.jpg


We drove into the Upper Pines campsite around 11pm and was surrounded by the scent of smoke and  sleeping fires. I fell asleep in my zero degree bag and woke up to the crisp air of the Yosemite Valley. We started our climbing at Church Bowl and Jared led our first route, Uncle Fanny. It was a chimney turned crack - it was an excellent warm up climb. The next climb was a sustained lie back which was really fun and I actually breezed up to the top. We headed over to the Generator area and Jared tried out a 5.10d crack which he tamed after a second attempt. Unfortunately, we didn't have time for the off-width climb (upper-right), but promised we would be back to try our hand at the 5.10c crack.


Here's to another great weekend in Yosemite.


p.s. I sound all legit with the climbing jargon, but I'm not hardcore at all, okay. But, I do love the beauty of the Valley.

3 comments:

  1. it's really nice that you have learned how to do this together because... idk. I like that you learned how to do this for Jared. Or for you. idk. whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me want to go camping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound legit.
    too legit.
    my ankle is getting better.
    what do i need to do to be as strong as you... push ups?

    i'll do it, i'm serious.

    oh, yeah. camping in june?

    gee willikers i hope.

    ReplyDelete