Tuesday, November 26, 2013

For Sport: Amazing Face

diablogif
Gearing up for another lead climb. Here goes nothin'....

md1

Mt. Diablo was one of the first places I went rock climbing with Jared. I remember being so nervous about falling. While leading the route this time I laughed at my old top-roping self because I was even more nervous than before. The route is super run-out, but as you go up you realize there are so many secret foot placements that you eventually make it up without realizing how.

md6

After my victorious climb up Amazing Face, Jared decided to do this insane crack climb. I believe Jared stuck his hand in a bat cave during this climb, but the screeching could have been from any animal I guess.

md4
Some serious rope burn. (Ouch!)

md5

...and a glorious sunset to bid us farewell. Off to Colorado in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment