Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mt. Tam

Saturday was extra wonderful for two reasons; 1) I took J to Meal Ticket for the buckwheat pancakes and he loved them, 2) we actually had friends hike with us. Honestly, J and I had never done this hike and we were a little unsure of the route, but that's one joy of hiking and getting mentally caught up in the adventure. The Dicous graced us with their presence on our journey and I loved having them around - sometimes I think Meg and I are twins. Anyway, we started at Lake Lagunitas, went around two other lakes, between redwood trees, passed Cataract Falls, through meadows, and down the fire trail back to the car. Altogether it was about 5.5 miles. It was beautiful and I hope Meg and Taylor are still our friends despite the lengthy trail and slight soreness that followed. Hey, at least we celebrated our triumph with Sol Food - mmm, limeade!

Look how happy they are at the beginning.







Cataract Falls



Like I said, beautiful. And now, for our posterity...(totally caught Meg and Taylor)...

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SiRAFOOog&w=560&h=315]

2 comments:

  1. wow, that waterfall. and here's to posterity, glad you're thinking ahead. but you're good at that kind of thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better get my pictures up too! We had a blast. We felt completely worn out after, but I actually really like that feeling. Is that weird? And Taylor said he can do anything if Sol Food comes after :)

    ReplyDelete