Saturday, November 6, 2010

Portrait

One of my first semesters at BYU I met this awesome girl named Heather LeeAnn. She is an artist. We both like ANTM. One night she asked if she could draw me for an assignment in one of her classes. This is the product. Perhaps it doesn't look entirely like me, however, it's an interpretation of me and I think that is interesting.


B: If you could have anyone (dead or alive) paint or photograph a portrait of you, who would it be and why?


M: (Preface) I'm not trying to be poetic, artistic, or sentimental. (Answer) After visiting the portrait gallery I have come to admire many different types of artistic devices. It's hard for me to answer this question because I would choose a lot of people. Matt Clayton for his good ol' American style; my mom because she sometimes can capture me at my best; Steve McCurry, Rembrandt, or Dorothea Lange because I think they capture a persons whole life in one portrait.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to have Matt Clayton do a family portrait someday. you know. when I have a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome answers. Oh, and wahoo for the portrait gallery!

    ReplyDelete