Sunday, December 22, 2013

O Tannenbaum!

ct2
Jared and I are trying to get a grasp on traditions. So far, we're still in the planning stages. However, there are some Christmas habits that I just can't kick. Examples: watching Home Alone, making fudge, and putting up a tree. I thought it would be nice to do Christmas cards, or buy a new ornament every year, but cards are time consuming and Ikea had adorable ornaments on sale last year and I think I'm set for life. Although, we do have a Yosemite bear ornament that is my absolute favorite.
I'm still trying to think of things we can do with our future family. I want my children to know that we celebrate Christmas because we celebrate the gift of the gospel on this earth. Through Christ's birth we received the gift of repentance and salvation. He, in turn, asks us to share this gift with others. How can a family celebrate this gift? I'm not sure yet, but I'm really excited to show my future children this perspective. I also decided that we'll only give three *gifts to our children each Christmas. I'm doing a test run on Jared this year and we'll see how it goes. Babies and kids only like bubble wrap and cardboard boxes anyway, right?

*If you're thinking gold, frankincense, and myrrh, get real. I'm not made out of money.

1 comment:

  1. I think 3 gifts is a really cool tradition. I, too am trying to figure out a way to make this season more about Christ with my kids. Love your star on the tree.

    ReplyDelete