Friday, December 7, 2012

denied no longer.

fyi: reflection (piece) post

garancedore

I never thought of myself as a late bloomer, in fact, I was busty at 12. However, I recently became a woman. I bought my first tube of lipstick, and though I was hesitant at first, I became empowered by the notion that I would look mature. It was empowering to browse and when Sephora helper #9 came to me with Givenchy 07 Mystic Pink, well, I knew it was a match. I strolled down Market with my head high and my lips pouted. My lips have found solace in a perky, pink haven.

Photo: Garance Dore

3 comments:

  1. yay! I love lipstick! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is definitely something about wearing lipstick that makes you step a bit bolder and hold your head a little higher.

    i wonder if i'll feel more like an adult when i'm married...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete