Saturday, August 4, 2012

Coast Trail

I love a good Saturday when you can do whatever you want, starting with sleeping in. Jared and I did just that and then some. After we got our sleepy eyes out of bed we drove over to Bolinas to hike the Coast Trail and to take a dip in Bass Lake. Mind you, it was about 65 degrees and really foggy, but it's August and we needed to indulge and get our swimming fix.
20120805-181519.jpg
  20120805-181535.jpg

20120805-181546.jpg  20120805-181555.jpg

20120805-181634.jpg  20120805-181713.jpg

After our beautiful hike full of green forests, foggy swimming holes, ocean waves, and lush waterfalls, we headed to Point Reyes Station to eat. We stopped at Stellina's on Main St. and treated ourselves to whatever we wanted. This may sound corny, but I've always wanted to order a cheese plate, but never have because I thought I would be too full for dinner. However, we were feeling giddy and got it anyway - it was so worth ordering. It came with raw figs and cow, goat and sheep cheeses. Oh my, it was tasty. For our main dishes Jared ordered clams and bucatini and I had the pene, pesto, and summer squash. Both were amazing. Then we threw up our hands and opted for dessert and were surprised to get the following: chocolate cake with espresso bean chocolate ganache topped with toasted pine nuts and a scoop of burnt whiskey ice cream. It was the best thing my mouth ever tasted. I highly recommend this restaurant and visiting Point Reyes - it's probably my favorite place on Earth.

20120805-182006.jpg   20120805-182013.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I guess we're not the only ones moving around a lot! The place you swam looks amazingly beautiful! To answer your quesion...we're off to Spokane, WA for Darrin's grad school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheese plate, rope swing....you cats are living BIG. :)

    and that dessert looks quite decadent. i might have to move on over to bakerella for some ideas now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adventurers you two are! I would have froze trying to swim in 65 degree weather! I'm a whimp--but you knew that already. Good description of your dinner. That dessert sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete