Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hangtown

Placerville has a lot of charm and a lot of quark. Every June the Wagon Train commences in Nevada and arrives in Placerville for the last hurrah! and ho-down. This year I brought Jared and I think he had an excellent time. We tried the barbeque pulled pork, watched the cowboy-sheriff shoot-off reenactment, viewed the wagons rolling by, and toured the antique shops....and my favorite, Placerville News Company. And since June blessed us with sunshine and low-80's we were able to take our first swim of the year! We dined at Z-Pies (flavorful soda and the best salads), and of course, Marcos Cafe (awesome pizza and live entertainment). I love my little town and I'm glad I was able to share my creek-bottom, hippie, backwoods, mountain girl side to my one and only.

20120613-154716.jpg20120613-154709.jpg20120613-154658.jpg

Also! Happy Anniversary Dolly - we've been friends for a long time and I'm glad Wagon Train sealed our bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment